Ficussen zijn populaire kamerplanten in verschillende soorten. De planten herken je aan hun opvallende bladeren. Zo heeft de Ficus Lyrata erg groot blad en de Ficus Robusta heeft een leerachtige look. Net als de verzorging van de Ficus is het stekken eenvoudig.
- Scissors or knife
- Vase with water
- Optional: plant rooting powder
Step-by-step plan for the propagation of a ficus
- First of all, clean the scissors or knife with pure alcohol or disinfectant.
- You can use both scissors and knife to cut Ficus. This depends mainly on the species of Ficus and its stem.
- Cut off one piece of the trunk with at least 2 leaves on it.
- If you cut the stem of the mother plant, white liquid may come off. Pat the open wound dry on both the mother plant and the cutting. If you have rooting powder, you can apply rooting powder afterwards and wait for it to dry.
- You can then propagate the Ficus in two ways. The choice you make does not have to do with how successful the cuttings will be.
Propagating in water: Remove the bottom leaf of the cutting. Then place the cutting in a vase with water. Make sure to change the water at least once a week. Once the roots are about 5 to 10 centimeters long in water, you can repot them.
Propagating in soil: Put the cutting directly into a flower pot with fresh soil. Give a small amount of water and then place a plastic sandwich bag over the cutting and the flower pot. Keep the soil moist by spraying every week with a plant sprayer. After one month, enough roots have developed and you can remove the plastic bag.