Ferns are air-purifying plants with an easy character. Ferns can be found almost everywhere in the world. Even in our forests! A fern loves high humidity. The bathroom is therefore an ideal place for him.
Propagating a fern is just as easy as the care. You only need your hands, but a good preparation can never hurt.
- An old towel
- Flowerpot with fresh soil
Step-by-step plan for the propagation of a Fern
- Although you can cut a Fern without a knife or scissors, it is still useful if you do use them.
- Clean the knife or scissors with pure alcohol or disinfectant.
- Then put down an old towel.
- Take the fern out of its pot and try to leave as much old soil in the flowerpot as possible. Tip! By shaking the fern a lot of soil is released.
- Then put the roots of the Fern on the old towel.
- Think beforehand about how many cuttings you would like to divide the Fern.
- Then tear the plant from top to bottom in the desired quantities.
- Once you have the desired cuttings you can repot them in a flowerpot with fresh potting soil.