While walking the toddler got a tantrum, while the dog went his own way and you actually already had your hands full with a hungry baby. When for the fourth time that day a cup of drinking is knocked over, you don’t see it any more. Sometimes you just need some time for yourself. That’s why we present: the Mom cave.
Tips for creating your own Mom cave
- Make a place for yourself. An armchair in the walk-in closet, a pouffe next to the fireplace or simply a chair next to the window. A place for you.
- Add personal items. Think of cushions that you like, a colour on the wall or just by simply adding some accessories that you like to look at.
- Provide comfort. Do not sit on a wooden chair if you have a recliner. Is there a budget? Then look for a piece of furniture that feels comfortable to you.
- If possible, choose a place in the house that you can shield off. Somewhere in the attic, in the walk-in closet, in a corner of the office or just in the bathroom. It’s time for you, and that shower can really wait.
- Make it your own. Don’t consider others except yourself.
- Put entertainment there. Think of a good book, magazine or puzzle book. Make sure you actually make time for yourself in that Mom cave. This way you avoid just sitting on your mobile. And a mobile is (usually) anything but relaxing.
Choose for comfort
Of course you like to spend as much time as possible in the Mom cave. Do you want to enjoy as much as possible? Then don’t forget the comfort. Choose a piece of furniture where you can relax all day long.
Your Mom cave is the only place where you can go completely loose with colour. You want a completely pink space? Why don’t you! Grab the paintbrushes and paint it. Your space, your choices.