Is the kids’ room of your son or daughter in need of change? Or do you just think it’s time for a makeover yourself? Changing a bedroom really doesn’t always have to cost a lot of time, money and effort. And certainly not for children!
1. A wall sticker as an eye-catcher
Think of a beautiful wall sticker with a leopard, plants and flowers. Or a world map and a nice growth sticker that reaches up to the wall. Wall stickers are of good quality nowadays, and even stay on troublesome walls. Most wall stickers are also customizable and repositionable. Extra handy!
The nice thing about a wall sticker is that you can create a different atmosphere in no time. Also, applying a wall sticker is certainly not difficult. It is important to clean the wall properly, and after that you can actually stick the wall sticker on.
2. Adjusting the lighting
Of er nu een eenvoudige plafonnière hangt, een kleurrijke kinderlamp of een simpele hanglamp. Licht behoort tot de basis van de slaapkamer. Wil je een ander effect in de slaapkamer? Kies dan voor nieuwe verlichting! Je kunt eenvoudig beginnen met een decoratieve LED lamp. Zo’n LED lamp staat mooi in een open lichtbron en geeft een warme gloed.
You can also easily replace a wall lamp or night light. A small adjustment that will certainly give a different effect. Does your child have a loft bed? Then you can easily cheer up the loft bed by wrapping a light cord around the bed. Such a light cord not only looks nice, the light is also actually atmospheric.
3. Functional decoration
As soon as children get older, they also play more often in their own room. Some useful tips:
- Choose posters that can also teach children something. Think of the alphabet, a map or even a world map. The posters are more than just decoration.
- Use storage baskets for toys and stuffed animals. Handy for your child and for you. In addition, such a basket can also look very nice. A win-win situation!
- If cabinets are needed, it is always useful to choose one low cabinet. While playing, children can use the cabinet as a table and play on it. You can also store books or toys on the cupboard.
4. Wall shelf and hanging plants
In a kids’ room, you have to think carefully about where you put everything. Can your child touch the accessories? Or would you rather your son or daughter stay away from this decoration? The easiest way to add child-friendly decoration is to make good use of the height of the room.
Think of a robust wooden wall board or choose plant hangers. With both a wall shelf and plant hangers you can enhance the atmosphere in the room. In a children’s room with a jungle theme, hanging plants are of course ideal. An extra piece of nature, without sacrificing space.