Happy Monday! To start off the week, I wanted to share a yummy Fall recipe that I know you will enjoy.
As a family, one of our favorite Fall things to do is apple picking! After along day of picking apples, we always leave with plenty of filled bags. It’s a family tradition that we love, but once we arrive home, our countertops are overloaded with basketfuls of these tasty treats. After eating apples day in and day out, we’re at a loss for what to do with them.
After our excursion to the farm last weekend, I searched for apple recipes on Pinterest and found this delicious treat. I didn’t have Mountain Dew in the house (not something that we ordinarily drink), so I changed it up a bit and created my own version of Apple Dumplings that are easy-peasy using ingredients that most people have in their cabinets!
- 2-3 apples
- 1 tube of crescent rolls (any brand will do)
- Brown Sugar
- Walnuts or any similar nut
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg
It’s easy to double, triple, or quadruple this recipe for whoever and for how many people you want to bake for.
1. Start off with your fresh apples!
2. Cut up the apples and get your other ingredients together.
3. Roll out your crescent rolls. On each crescent, sprinkle brown sugar, add some walnuts and finish it with a dash of cinnamon and a little nutmeg.
4. Add a slice of apple.
6. Transfer these little treats to a cookie sheet (I lined mine with foil so there’s no cleanup afterwards). Back for about 8-10 minutes on 375 (or until crescents are crisp on the outside).
When they’re done, you don’t have to wait long to enjoy these afternoon goodies.
They didn’t last long in my house and I’m sure they won’t in yours!
Do you go apple picking with your family? What delicious recipes have you made using apples? This is truly an easy recipe using everyday ingredients that are probably sitting in your cabinet right now. Enjoy!
If you liked this post, share it!